skip to content

Department of Pathology



All students and staff travelling anywhere in the UK or abroad on University business, i.e. conferences, fieldtrips or lecturing, etc. need to complete a Travel Risk Assessment before departure.

Approved Travel Risk Assessments are required when taking out University Travel Insurance.


Staff - Low TRA        Staff - Medium TRA         Staff - High TRA

Student - Low TRA          Student - Medium TRA           Student - High  TRA


Travel Risk Assessments are categorised as either low, medium, or high risk depending on current social, political, environmental factors  of travel destination.

Please see guidance on the FCDO website when writing your Travel Risk Assessment:  Foreign travel advice - GOV.UK (

If your travel is High Risk, it must be approved by the Head of Department. If travelling to a high-risk location, you must email your Assessments 2 months in advance of proposed travel.


All Travel Risk Assessments must be sent to for approval.


If travel is not for University business, , students and staff are not required to complete a Travel Risk Assessment. However, if this travel occurs during term time, you should arrange leave with your line manager or supervisor and notify HR.